March 3, 2011

Strep Throat

Okay, so I am living proof that tonsils CAN grow back after being removed.  However, they weren't fully removed and a piece was left.  Even the SMALLEST piece that is left, is a tissue, and it regenerates.  so BOTH of my tonsils have grown back, after 6 years, and are infected...again.  Another rarity.  In any case...they look gross, and hurt like hell.  Been drinking Decaf Green Tea with honey and lemon and Alkaseltzer of course, all day.  Waiting for the Nurse to call me back in the  morning and let me know what my blood work says.  So they can get the antibiotic in me and get me on my way to recovery, so that I don't have to have surgery again!

This is a picture of my tonsils taken just after midnight on March 3, 2011.  You can see the white bump on the one tonsil, and that is the Strep.  Really painful, and annoying.  Anyway, just gotta keep praying this goes away fast and I don't have problems again.

No comments:

Post a Comment