December 16, 2010

TV Marathon Shows

All evening I have been watching "Ghost Hunters" on the SyFy Channel.  I love this show, and it doesn't seem like anything else interesting is even on.  I keep wondering if another show is going to come on or not, but not so far.  I do love it when marathons of my favorite TV shows are on.  However, it sure makes me feel lazy.  


Fortunately, I will be starting a new job on Saturday morning, which will be training for a the graveyard (11pm to 7am) shift.  So I won't be watching much TV when I start working.  It's a nice relief to be able to work again, even though I'm still waiting on my workman's comp. claim money.  It's been 6 months since I've had a job with an employer other than myself.  And my company didn't get much business this summer and fall with all the other photographers here in town.  


My husband is starting a new job on Friday (my birthday), and his will be mostly evenings, so we won't be seeing a lot of each other.  Which for now, could be a good thing, considering lately, we've been around each other 24 hours a day.  We need a break to be able to really appreciate seeing and being around each other.  At least our income will finally be good, we won't have to struggle anymore.  And I keep praying he quits smoking, so we can save money so that we can buy a new living room group sometime soon and a car that runs without issues.  


We have this crazy expensive wish list for Christmas, knowing we aren't going to get any of it, but it's fun to dream right?  We only have 2 non matching love seats to sit on, and they are so uncomfortable, it would be so amazing to have a matching couch and love seat that hasn't been used.   Also, we are so bored when we are home, we could really use a Nintendo Wii with extra controllers and some of the exercise games and like the dancing ones and/or singing ones.  And a digital camera, that takes nice pictures.  Mine broke recently, and I love taking pictures of our everyday life to capture memories to look at years later.  What's crazy is that the LEAST expensive item is $200.  So my goal, rather OUR goal, is to work hard and many hours, and make plenty of money, so that we can save and buy the things we need and want.  I am looking forward to financial freedom.  I just hope my husband will be able to keep his job longer than a few months.  I have faith he will though, as he wants the same things I do. 


Well, it's off to bed for me.  Feels good to have a journal of sorts to just get out what's on my mind.  


God Bless.....


Mrs. Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment