September 21, 2011

Myrtle Beach, SC

This blog post won't be very long, and I'm sure nobody reads it.  I guess it just suffices as a journal of some sort for me.

Made it to Myrtle Beach on August 5, 2011.  Found a studio apartment, which is horrible living conditions...carpet is so dirty, you can't walk with barefeet or socks on, as they will be black very fast....so gross!  No kitchen, so can't cook food, needless to say I am becoming mal nourished.  Still hoping to find an electric skillet that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.  There is a microwave and a SMALL fridge, but nothing else to speak of for a "kitchen".  It's a block from the beach though, which is  nice (unless a hurricane is coming).  There is also a pool, but it's getting too late in the season to swim now.  I am looking forward to the mild winter for a change!!! I don't mind a bit of snow, or even a few inches, it will melt fast.  I am so glad to not have to witness ice storm first to slate the roads with ice and then snow so much it causes drifts so high you can't open your door to the house!  I am HAPPY to be rid of that!  The last month had been fairly warm, but great over all.  I got a tan, which is slowly wearing off now, and will have it again next summer.  I will be DARK next summer, as I will have all summer to tan (on my free time of course!).

Anyway, I will try and upload some pictures later of the beach, they are on the other computer (the desktop) as I am on the (falling apart) Toshiba Laptop right now and all my pictures are on the desktop.  But check out the other blog for the Photography business (if in fact there is anyone that reads this blog) and check out some portraits I did since arriving here!

Ciao
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment